Doctor Who and Torchwood Role Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like a Ghost

2 posters

Go down

Like a Ghost Empty Like a Ghost

Post  Ianto_Jones_88 Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Ianto Jones found himself lying flat on his back in the middle of an ally. The last thing he remembered was going into the ally after a couple of weevils with the team. The weevils ran rampant on the city then retreated to the ally and the team followed. One weevil had lashed out at Jack and the other went toward him. The girls went their aide and the weevils were taken care of.

However, when Ianto went to get up there was a flash of light and he fell backwards again. That was the last thing he remembered.

And now he was alone. Jack and the rest of the team was gone.

Slowly he sat up and looked around. Everything was as it should be. As he stood up he felt the back of his head where it had hit the pavement. There was a slight bump there but he had had worse. Sighing, he headed out of the ally.

'Jack!' he called out. 'Gwen, Kira!' There was no one. 'Great,' he muttered. 'They left without me.'

He headed over to where he thought the SUV was parked. On the way over there was a little girl running with her dog. She was running right at him. Ianto only managed to shout an 'Oi' before she crashed into him. Except that she passed right through him. Ianto stood there in shock for a moment before he turned aroud to see the girl and her dog keep on running as if nothing happened.

That was when Ianto Jones realised why he was left behind. It was like he wasn't there anymore. It was like he was a ghost.
Ianto_Jones_88
Ianto_Jones_88

Home Planet: : Earth

Back to top Go down

Like a Ghost Empty Re: Like a Ghost

Post  GwenECooper Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Gwen sat there almost numb at her desk wiping away slient tears. She thought back to how horribly wrong the whole night went. More tears slide down her cheek remembering how she came ran up to see Yan on the ground bleeding so much. "OHhh....bollacks...its just not right!" With a deep sigh she got up holding the alien artifact they'd found in Ianto's hand. Looking at the oddly shaped black thing that was about mobile size she wondered if that is what killed her friend. By all rights he really hadn't lost enough blood to have killed him by somehow After Owen spent all ideas trying to revive the young welshman nothing worked so as far as they knew he was dead and gone. Gwen walked over to the autopsy room seeing the body back on the table there thinking of what she would tell his sister.
GwenECooper
GwenECooper

Home Planet: : earth

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto_Jones_88 Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:21 am

'Shit,' Ianto swore. The Welshman hardly ever swore but he thought this was a good time for it. What had happened to him? Why could people walk right through him? He walked up to a woman waiting for a bus and waved his hands in front of her face. 'Hello?' he said. When there was no answer, he shouted, 'Hello!'

Ianto sighed and decided to head to the one place he thought he could find the answers; The Hub. As he came up to the door he realised that he couldn't get in the conventional way. He took a deep breath, shut his eyes and went through the door.

When he opened his eyes he was standing inside the Tourist Information Centre. 'At least that worked,' he muttered to himself. 'Now to get to the Hub...'

He continued down to the main area of the Hub and he heard someone crying. Then he saw Gwen near the autopsy room. 'Oh God,' he whispered. 'Please don't tell me...' He looked down and saw his own body lying on the table. 'Oh shit... Gwen,' he said standing in front of her. He knew she couldn't see or hear him but he felt the need to try. 'Gwen, I'm here!'

((OOC: Interesting take on what was given!))
Ianto_Jones_88
Ianto_Jones_88

Back to top Go down

Post  GwenECooper Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:16 am

Gwen had that odd feeling that made the hair on the back of your neck stand on end. It was like she could feel suddenly feel Ianto hovering in the air. Somehow it was alot like that poor Eugene died only not quite stronger even. She could have sworen for a second she heard his voice too. With a quick look about she was confused and the sadended again. "OH Yan...I much be mad with grief....I can feel you..no..stop it Gwen hes gone." She heaved a great sigh and look at the alien object in her hand.~ You were so young....please let him have found some sorta peace....Suzy had to be wrong. Yan could never be in a place dark and cold like she was...bleeding madwoman....bet she was in hell anyway."

Occ: thanks I recently rewatched Random Shoes in series 1.
GwenECooper
GwenECooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto_Jones_88 Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:33 pm

Ianto looked down at Gwen with such a look of concern. He was at a loss. He didn't know what to do but he couldn't look at Gwen. Not when she was so torn up. Ianto started to walk away and looked up at Jack's office. ~Maybe, if I found Jack. Jack's different than everyone else. Maybe he can see me or hear me.~

As Ianto thought this he flashed into view. He could feel the ground beneath his feet. He could feel his clothes against his skin. But it only lasted for a brief moment. Too brief to say anything to Gwen. He became incorporeal again and he prayed that maybe Gwen noticed. ~She probably didn't~ he thought as looked back up at Jack's office.

((OOC: Oddly, I did too. It was on BBC yesterday and I got this idea and also thought of the book Pack Animals and did you ever watch Angel?))
Ianto_Jones_88
Ianto_Jones_88

Back to top Go down

Post  GwenECooper Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Gwen felt this brief surge of tingling rush over her and could have sworen she saw something in the corner of her eye. "What the...Whose there..." She gluped a bit chewing her lip a bit.~ "Ya..Yan...Ianto?" She looked around with a strong sense someone was there. Absentmindedly ran her thumb over the alien object trying to put all these odd feeling to some meaning.

Occ: haha cool. I have all 5 series on dvd of Angel.
GwenECooper
GwenECooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto_Jones_88 Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:21 pm

Ianto looked back at Gwen. 'Yes, Gwen! Gwen, I'm here!' He knelt down in front of her and looked into her eyes. 'Gwen, Gwen can you hear me?' Then it happened again. Ianto flashed to become corporeal. Quickly he reached out and touched her face. 'Gwen. Help m-' Then he was gone again.

He groaned in frustration as he become incorporeal again. 'What's happened to me?'

((OOC: Very cool. I'm also being influenced by the time that Spike was turned incorporeal. All these ideas came into my head at once so I decided to put them all together. ^_^))
Ianto_Jones_88
Ianto_Jones_88

Back to top Go down

Post  GwenECooper Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:37 am

Her eyes widened in shock seeing Ianto flicker in front of her. "IANTO....BLOODY HELLO.. YOUR.." And then he was gone again Gwen really had to wonder if she was going mad for a moment. "Alright NO WAY that was just me...all the things I've seen.." ~She looked down at the alien thingy in her hand.~ "THIS has to be part of it... Don't worry Yan....I'll get Jack and sort this..." She hoped he could hear this and chewed her lip a moment then headed to Jack's office.

Occ: oh yea great gonna be a fantastic story line.
GwenECooper
GwenECooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto_Jones_88 Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:53 am

She saw him! Maybe there was hope. Ianto had to laugh a bit at how Gwen had shouted. Jack had probably heard her. He followed her up to Jack's office hoping that he would be able to figure out what to do. At least Gwen knew that he wasn't really dead. He was just somehow out of his body. But then how could he become corporeal? Would there two of him? Ianto had no idea but Jack should.

((OOC: I hope it will turn out ok. I also hope the others will join in too. The other threads have been quiet.))
Ianto_Jones_88
Ianto_Jones_88

Back to top Go down

Post  GwenECooper Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:07 am

She rushed in like a an excited child running straight into Jack who gave one of his lewd smirks before spouting some comment about her wanting him. She glared & blushed stepping back and holding up the alien object to show him. "Jack...Hes ALIVE....Ianto....I saw him..its this thing...it did something." ~Gwen shoved it into his hand making him look at it. "Do you know what it is?" She wrang her hands nervously glancing around a bit hoping to see Yan even for a second.

Occ: it seems are resident Captain & Timelord have been swamped in real life or they would be here.
GwenECooper
GwenECooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto_Jones_88 Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:12 pm

Ianto ran to catch up with Gwen as she bust into Jack's office the door swung shut behind her and without thinking Ianto slowed down and tried to open, only to have his hand go through the door. He swore to himself and walked through the door. Rolling eyes at Jack's comment to Gwen and feeling a little jealous Ianto watched as Jack took the device from the Welsh woman and looked it over not saying anything. After Jack said he was unsure what the device was Ianto saw the sadness in his eyes. But then Ianto saw the familiar spark in Jack's eye.

'We'll have to find out then,' he said.

Ianto smiled and for a moment flickered into view again. 'Jack,' he said and then he was gone again.

'Ianto,' Jack whispered. 'We need to research.'

((OOC: Ah, I see. Well, I suppose real life should come first. I hope the one who does Jack doesn't mind that we are kind of using Jack.))
Ianto_Jones_88
Ianto_Jones_88

Back to top Go down

Post  GwenECooper Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:08 am

Gwen followed after Jack stopping a second to glance back to see if Yan might be there even in a flicker. Not seeing him she frowned and continued on. Then she wondered if they would decipher Ianto's file system. " D'you think he'll be alright Jack...." She worried out loud as they went over to the files/archives.

Occ: well I bet he'd prefer we be using him for more naughty purposes but I doubt its a big deal. lol!
GwenECooper
GwenECooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto_Jones_88 Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:25 pm

Ianto followed after the pair. He didn't know how much help he could be but he knew he was the only one who really knew the filing system. Even Jack wouldn't know where to start.

'I just saw him,' Jack said. 'We'll get him back, Gwen.'

The Welshman smiled. This was Captain Jack Harkness, and he never gave up. Ianto would soon be back to normal. Things were looking up.

But then was when Ianto heard a growl from behind him. Slowly, Ianto turned around and as he did the Hub seemed to dissolve around him and he was standing in total darkness. Then he heard the growl again but as he looked all around him he couldn't see anything.

~~'Jack,' he called out. Ianto was scared. 'Jack!'

'No one can hear you,' a disembodied voice said. It sounded both all around Ianto and inside his head.

'Who are you?' he asked looking around. 'Where are you?'

'I was trapped here like you. I was forgotten like you will be too.'

'No,' Ianto said frantically. 'No, Jack will get me back. Jack!'~~

'Jack!' Both Jack and Gwen could see and hear him.

((OOC: Ok lol))
Ianto_Jones_88
Ianto_Jones_88

Back to top Go down

Post  GwenECooper Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:58 am

Gwen whirled around to see Yan screaming and obviously scared. On instinct she rushed over & tried to hug him but past right through him stumbling nearly hitting the floor.~ "OW...shit that hurt." She pulled herself off the metal cabinet. She have Jack a stunned look rubbing her sore hand. "What...I mean..see hes not dead...Its that thing..is did something... OH damn....are you okay Yan hunny?" Gwen gave him a concerned look.
GwenECooper
GwenECooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto_Jones_88 Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:43 pm

'Jack,' Ianto said breathless. 'Gwen. Please, there's someone else-' Then he was gone again.

Jack went over to Gwen to make sure she was ok. 'You're right, Gwen. It is something to do with this.'

'No,' he yelled. 'Not now!' He flashed again. 'There's someone else here, Jack. Please get me back!' And with that he was gone.

Jack looked back at Gwen. 'Come on, we have to scan this thing. Find out what it is.' He went over to Tosh's computer and started putting in command chains. 'I'm going to get you back, Ianto. I promise.'
Ianto_Jones_88
Ianto_Jones_88

Back to top Go down

Post  GwenECooper Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Gwen & Jack went through everything in the data base which took a while and after what felt like a small eternity they found a possible match for what this thing was doing to Ianto. Gwen continued to worry about him and hope to see him away. The nearest they could figure was that the device had moves Yan's spirit or soul whichever you wanted to call it the essence of him to a diffrent plane of exsistance. A limbo of sorts that was just out of sync with the rest of the world. Now finding a way to get Ianto back that was quite another story which they needed to figure out.
GwenECooper
GwenECooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto_Jones_88 Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:15 am

Ianto felt so helpless as he watched Jack and Gwen work. He wished so badly to help as he looked over Gwen's shoulder. Ianto's eye caught something. Something important but Gwen missed it. The page said something about two devices.

'Oh no,' he whispered. 'No, no, no, Gwen. You have to go back. You have to go back, Gwen!'

He didn't exactly flash but he thought just maybe she heard him.
Ianto_Jones_88
Ianto_Jones_88

Back to top Go down

Post  GwenECooper Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:56 pm

While Gwen was reserching she suddenly heard a faint echoing of what sounded like Ianto. She whirled around looking for him but did not see him as she had hoped. But still she could have sworen he said sometihng about going back a page so she flipped back and carefully reread. Then Gwen saw it. " OH MY G..JACK I FOUND IT...theres another device!" She shouted out of the silence starting the immortal man a bit of which she found a bit amusing. "This is the other piece to it...WE can get him back! "
GwenECooper
GwenECooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto_Jones_88 Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:14 am

Ianto smiled. She heard him. Now he would be saved from this, this terrible place. But then it went black again and Ianto heard that savage growl from behind him. He turned around but no one was there.

~~'You think you'll be saved? Poor Ianto Jones,' the creature, what ever it was said.

'How'd you know my name?' Ianto asked looking around for the source.

The creature laughed an unearthly laugh that caused shivers to run down Ianto's spine. 'Me? I know everthing. I know all there is in your head.'

Ianto shuddered. This creature was in his head? But how?

'Oh quit trying to figure it out! You'll ruin my fun!' the creature exclaimed. 'Oh, but soon I'll have more fun! Soon I'll be back in the real world! And you'll be stuck in here!' The creature laughed again.

'What do you mean?' Ianto asked.

'I'm going to trade with you, Ianto Jones! I already know all about you! It will be easy!'~~

As Ianto was about to speak again, the lights from the Hub blazed up in front of him. The creature was gone. For now. He had to warn Jack somehow.

'That's great, Gwen!' Ianto heard Jack say. 'Now all we have to do is find the other device.'
Ianto_Jones_88
Ianto_Jones_88

Back to top Go down

Post  GwenECooper Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Gwen was only slightly worried when Ianto disapered again since she'd no idea what he was actually up against. Now knowing what they were looking for she felt a bit more confident. So they were off to dig through the artifact archives and hopefully have thier friend back sooner then later little did either of them know what the creature had planned.
GwenECooper
GwenECooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto_Jones_88 Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:38 am

Ianto shut his eyes as he tried to flicker in but it wasn't working. 'Damn it,' he swore. 'I have to warn Jack about the creature.' He looked over at his... lover? Boyfriend? He wasn't sure what Jack saw hum as. Ianto wasn't quite sur either. Jack smiled as he looked at Gwen.

'We can look through the archives for anything matching this description,' he said. 'We'll get him back. We have to.' Jack looked down. He really cared for the Welshman a great deal. But how did Ianto really feel? Jack was, after all, the first man Ianto had been with. To him, Ianto really was everything.

As Ianto watched his Captain he was thrown into darkness again.

~~'Not long now,' the creature said. Although Ianto couldn't see it, he heard the smile in it's voice.~~

Then he was back again. Well as back as being incorporeal goes.
Ianto_Jones_88
Ianto_Jones_88

Back to top Go down

Post  GwenECooper Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:51 am

As they poured through the archives Gwen kept glancing over at Jack. He was the only person she'd even met that was so... well mezmerizing. Jack noticed her looking at him quite alot and smmiled to himself. He had chosen her to be the last part of Torchwood not jsut for her police skills and compassionate heart but because despite his care Ianto he wnated her too. If he had his way he'd have them both but doubted either would agree to it although it could be worth a try he reasoned. Gwen kept looking thinking tihs might take awhile.She shot up a slient prayer that they could fix this in time to save Ianto.

GwenECooper
GwenECooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianto_Jones_88 Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Ianto watched the pair at work. He saw the glances they gave each other and despite himself, he hated it. Jack was different. Jack was special. Ianto couldn't expect him to stay tied down to one person but it hurt too. It hurt to watch them. It hurt to be around them. So, he walked away. He silently wished them luck and headed back to the main area of the Hub.

Once there, Ianto didn't know what to do with himself. Normally, he'd be cleaning up the rubbish that piled up and he'd be preparing coffee. For a moment, only a moment, Ianto didn't want to come back. He shook his head and looked around the Hub. He had grown to love this place, the thrill of researching aliens, the people who worked here, Jack. He really had grown to love the man he once hated and called a monster. Ianto wished he could take that back but that was in the past now and that really didn't matter anymore.

Taking a deep breath, he headed back to the archives. He stood right behind Jack and just watched him. Jack then stood up and turned around to face Ianto. It was almost like he could see him. He was looking right into Ianto's eyes. Then he heard it. Jack whispered something that was almost inaudible. He said, 'I hope this works, because I really do need you. I love you.'

((OOC: I should have said this before but this is placed sometime after From Out of the Rain. To me, at this point Jack doesn't flirt as much with Gwen and he really realises that he loves Ianto. He realises that he only needs Ianto.))
Ianto_Jones_88
Ianto_Jones_88

Back to top Go down

Post  GwenECooper Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:22 pm

Gwen chewed her lip as they were about to try this new cure or whatever it was. She stood back glancing around wondering if Ianto was nearby since they hadn't seen or heard from him in a while. As Jack set it all up she thought she should try and get Yan close incase it wouldn't work with him not right there. "YAN.....we're testing something....could you come round if you can hear me...."

Occ: was that a storyline I wasn't a part of? as for what I wrote I always thought that he loved them both in diffrenet ways for diffrenet reasons. and you can love two people at once so its not cheating in his mind beacuse hes a 51st century guy. To Jack he can love them both and its them and thier different 21st century values that frustrates him.
GwenECooper
GwenECooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down